Saturday, March 19, 2011

Schools Out....Forever! (Or until I go to nursing school)

Ah, the freedom of having an extended period away from school! Time to finish games I have accumulated over the past few months. Atelier Rorona: The Alchemists of Arland, Yakuza 3, Back to the Future The Game Part 2, and the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion!
I have already played some of Atelier Rorona, finishing the first alchemy 'quest' and getting half-way through the 2nd. It is not the most exciting game in the world, it can be summed up into: gather ingredients, make alchemy shit for people, make MORE alchemy shit for people, make alchemy shit for money. You the player has to be motivated to finish the game because the game will not be leading you. It doesn't tell you okay, today you gather some magic grass. You have to decide to do that. Lots of time management is involved. Each recipe takes a certain amount of days, walking to the gathering locations takes a certain amount of days, and of course you have a deadline to meet for turning in your alchemic creations.
I can't say I love the game, its almost like an overgrown visual novel. But I do like the characters and want to see how the story goes. It is definitely a game to take in small doses otherwise you might get bored of doing the same thing every in-game day.

Oblivion the Shivering Isles is just awesome. Its a good dose of insanity for a very sane Oblivion.

The Back to the Future game is amazing. It feels like how another BTTF sequel would have played out. Voice acting is phenomenal for Marty! Any BTTF fan needs to play this game.

Yakuza 3 is being shipped to me as I speak. I'm pretty excited for it- kicking the crap out of people, a good story, Japanese culture, and the Yakuza. Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment